Thursday, September 30, 2010

Will's last visit to the Dr. last Wednesday

Will feeling much better @ the Dr. on Wednesday ☺watching one of his favorite movies he calls Yankee aka Everyone's Hero!

Will not feeling too great Friday night. He refused to sit on their bed, unless forced. Thank goodness we had Yankee with us ☺!

I must say again.... What a horrible mean virus!!!! YIKES!!! Did it ever give us a scare. He had actually fallen the Sunday before & busted his chin & bit through his lip to his chin. Blood was everywhere & I immediately thought I should take him to the ER. I decided he was o.k. & did not take him. He was aggitated, irritable, & just acted like he did not feel good for the entire week. When his wounds began to heal & he seemed to be feeling worse, I started to worry a little. When he complained of his back, I thought he may have hurt it when he fell. I am not sure when the virus actually began. Anyway.... I have already blogged what happened after that!. Tuesday afternoon we received the great news that all of his bloodwork was looking good. We returned Wednesday just to check him out again, & they were still a little concerned because he was still complaining of his back hurting. I would ask him if he was all better now & his would respond "Yes, but..Not my back" They tested his urine for the 3rd time & once again it came back looking fine. The Dr. felt like the virus must have just attacked his muscles & settled in his back, causing him all of that back pain. He did not have a sniffle, cough, sore throat or any other symptom except the fever & back pain. The rash did not appear until Sunday in the ER.


I asked her if it was common for your WBC & platelets to drop so low with a virus. She said it is probaby more common than we realize because they do not do bloodwork on everyone they suspect has a virus. We are just glad it is over!!! Charlie & Lucy both managed to have wondeful birthdays in the middle of all our worry, thanks to the help of fantastic friends & teachers! I don't think Charlie & Lucy knew how scared we were, until our scare was over! ☺
Praise God for Everything! That will be my next post! ☺






No comments: