Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Still not sure, but encouraged.

We went back to the pediatician yesterday. They felt like the rash looked more like this could possibly be a virus ☺. The ER Dr. on Sunday thought some of the rash looked "like a good rash" & part of it looked like the rash that indicates the platelets are getting lower. My pediatricain DID NOT think it looked like the platelets were getting lower so that is wonderful! She is still puzzled by his back pain. She sent us back to Wolfsons to repeat the blood work so she can compare all three. She is slightly concerned he may have some inflamation in his bones. I asked her when we could rule out Leukemia & I guess we still have to wait. If all the counts have gone up then we can stop this worry & assume he has had some mystery virus. If they have not then they would need to do a bone marrow test to know for sure if it is Leukemia. She also felt like he may need a bone scan to determine if he has any inflamation. She does not want to do any of this until we see what his counts have done, again...If they are up we may not need to do any of this. He was pretty cranky & miserable yesterday until about 4:00. He actually perked up a little, was playful & seemed to have a good appetitie for the first time in a week or so. I feel very encouraged about all that. I thought I would hear from the Dr. last night, but she did not call. I assume she received the results from yesterdays labs. I know they ordered some further bloodwork from Sundays batch, that take a little while to get back. Maybe she is waiting to get it all in. I basically feel like we don't have any clear answers yet. I still can't help but worry, but I am encouraged by the looks of the rash & by his behavior & appetite last night. Thank you so much for your continued prayers. I will blog as soon as we hear something!

I think Charlie had a pretty good birthday considering how crazy it was. It helped that his expectations were very low. He was so appreciative of every action that honored his birthday. I am pretty sure he thought it was going to be overlooked. He and Lucy are both clearly aware that Will has been pretty sick & has been dominating our time & attention. They are worried about him, but we have not told them the possibilities we were given. Charlie is very familiar with Leukemia because of Preston and we think it is best not to mention it since we really have no idea. Annie is aware of the possiblities they have given us. I hope to have some good news later today! ☺
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension. will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Phil. 4:6-7
I actually typed this up big & taped it to our bathroom mirror recently for Kevin in regards to all he was going through with his job etc... It is still up there & I am now taking comfort. Amazing how the same scripture can give us comfort in so many different situations!

No comments: